Before Facebook became a thing, I used to answer various survey-type questions on Friendster. It was the ultimate past-time of teens. I’ve grown up and Friendster has grown old; I welcome this opportunity to do a get-to-know-you survey once again. I encourage you to read through and visit the links attached.
Here is a little info on the Liebster Award that I’ve gathered from Lorraine’s post in her blog Wording Well:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
Who tagged me?
Two weeks ago, Vakarė of Shoe on the Moon nominated me for the Liebster Award. In her blog, she shares her experiences to be there for you. Visit her space and learn from her, get inspired, or laugh along the episodes of her life.
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you (link to this specific blog post)
- Answer the questions they asked
- Nominate 10 bloggers with under 200 followers
- Inform the bloggers that you have nominated them
- Post 10 questions for them to answer
Vakarė’s questions; Camille’s answers
- What is your current dream car?
♥ I don’t have a dream car, but I do dream of a car. Being a driver is a lot of responsibility – not only on the road, but also on finances: car lease, auto expenses, auto insurance, winter tires, gas, and more. I wish I earn that much money to feed my dreams of driving my own car.
- What movie genre is your favourite?
♥ I like almost any movie genre, but action & adventure is the best.
- Tell us the best memory of your childhood.
♥ The best is simply being a child – playing games with my cousins, being carefree at school, and running around every afternoon. (I have a fairly poor memory to give specifics, but my childhood was pretty cool.)
- What do you think is the best thing about you?
♥ My strength. Even though I get upset and frustrated a lot, even if I’m struggling hard with my life, I’m still here pushing on. Slowly, but surely. At the very least, I am proud of myself for not giving up altogether.
- Do you think aliens exist? Do you want them to?
♥ I don’t think they do. It’d be super cool for aliens to exist, but at the same time I’m not ready to want them to be. It’s kind of a scary though, y’know, having another life form that may or may not have superior thinking than humans.
- What blog post of your own is your favorite so far? (keeping that one in here)
♥ Who am I? Why am I here? – I thought long and hard about “my story”. Before this, I couldn’t articulate what became of me. This piece is a testament to the effects of depression. A traumatizing experience is not a prerequisite for mental health. Neither is an awful life experience. We don’t have to feel bad for feeling bad.
♥ Conquer Your Dreams – This one, on the other hand, is a reminder of good, lucid days. A reminder that I can and I will. A reminder that you can, too.
- What is the last thing you Googled?
♥ “sonic battle 2 skeleton dog” – My friend and I finally had time to play Sonic Battle 2 together. We found out that skeleton dogs enable the chaos /chaws/ to wear hats, so we searched where they can be discovered.
- Name 5 things you couldn’t live without. (my interpretation: objects beyond the necessities)
♥ pillow, blanket, pen, paper, cellphone
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
♥ I am a socially awkward extrovert. I thrive in lively, fast-paced environments, but I struggle with starting/making conversations with others.
- When was the last time you went on vacation? Where did you go?
♥ Wow, it’s been a long time. I went back to 2013 on my calendar before finding my entry on our Quebec trip. It was an awesome vacation with my family. And the journeys will always be the best part of going out of town with them.
My nomination list
Because I received 2 Liebster Awards, I will divide my nominees into 2 posts, but both will be answering the same set of questions (as I honestly don’t have enough time to come up with 20 questions). Please check out their blogs and see how awesome they are in their own ways ~
♥ CharidaRose’s. . . – Kitty shares her stories in hopes “that others may find the hope and encouragement to get through their rough patches in life as well”.
♥ Fly me to the clouds – Lara takes you on a trip to life’s beautiful moments as she shares her passion for life through “[her] experiences, adventures, struggles and dreams”.
♥ Word Shamble – Lynn brings you to writing cave hunts, and to a quest of discovering the world of words as she shares stories from her life.
♥ curvylou – Robin weaves her life’s adventures into this blog as she “knit[s], crochet[s], prep[s] [her] own fiber and spin[s] the yarn for doing so”. She decorates her tapestry further learning how to weave, to dye, to sign (ASL), and to bellydance.
♥ Staying the Course – Michael “share[s] [his] journey, observations, and opinions as [he] continue[s] to search for full-time employment and find [his] way through life[‘s] difficult obstacles.”
My Questions for You
♥ What is (are) your favourite TV show(s)? Why? What do you like most about it? (IF you don’t like TV, choose your favourite book(s).)
♥ If you were to meet a fictional character, with whom would you like to have coffee? What would you like to talk about?
♥ Who is your favourite superhero? villain?
♥ What is your favourite season? Would you rather live in a warm or cold climate area? (If you have a specific place in mind and if it’s okay for you to share it & to tell us why, please do.)
♥ If you were to learn a new skill, what would you try?
♥ What is the best advice you’ve received?
♥ What is the worst advice you’ve received?
♥ What do you do to relax?
♥ What is your ultimate goal in life?
♥ What motivates you everyday?